If you’re starting up or running a business there are many laws that impact upon the everyday practices and decisions you need to make. You can’t ignore the law, but you also don’t want to spend hard earned profits on litigation.
Our commercial solicitors can help
At Patel & Co we’ve helped businesses large and small get on their feet and prosper. Whether you are starting up a micro-business, operating a long-standing family business, or conquering the world our commercial solicitors can make sure your business has the right foundations and is operating to diminish the risk of future legal problems. You can get on with growing your business confident that your legal concerns are in safe hands.
We can assist with:
- Buying or Selling Commercial Property. Commercial property contracts are often complex and require an experienced hand to bring them to settlement. We’ll make sure the contract protects your interests.
- Problems with Landlords or Tenants. With leasing issues you need to get things right from the beginning. We’ll make sure everything is clearly spelt out in the lease, and that any disputes which do arise are dealt with efficiently.
- Debt Recovery. Do you need to chase a non-paying customer? Our commercial solicitors know the ropes and can help you get back the money you are owed.
- Business Restructuring. Our commercial solicitors can help you restructure your business to maximise its potential and avoid falling into debt.
- Trading Dispute Support. We keep our eye on the bottom line, and settle disputes as cost effectively as possible. Our commercial solicitors are excellent negotiators and are able to keep issues out of court in most cases.
- Insolvency Advice. If your business is in trouble, we offer clear and practical advice to help keep you on your feet. If insolvency is unavoidable we’ll guide you through the legal procedures.
- Employment and HR Contracts and Disputes. Our commercial solicitors will make sure that your employment contracts protect your rights, and deal fairly and effectively with disputes that may arise with your employees.
- Intellectual Property Protection. We can help with copyright, trade-marks and patent applications as well as dealing with breaches.
We take a practical and commercial approach to business law matters. You’ll find that our advice is commercially astute. The solutions our commercial solicitors offer represent great value for money.
Whether you are starting a business and looking for legal advice, looking for a business solicitor to assist with commercial litigation or planning to buy or sell a business our team of business solicitors can help. We know UK business laws through and through and have sound experience across many different industries. We offer practical legal solutions to individuals, small businesses and SMEs.
At Patel and Company our team of business solicitors offer the following legal services for business:
- Business structures: If you are establishing a new business enterprise we can help you make sure that you are setting the business up soundly, whether by partnership, joint venture, company, trust or franchise. If you’re looking to restructure your business we can help with partnership dissolutions and corporate restructures.
- Business contracts: Our commercial lawyers can prepare or review all types of legal contracts including purchase or sale of business, franchise agreements, supply agreements, service agreements, distribution agreements, partnership agreements, commercial contracts. We’ll make sure that the contract terms and conditions are suitable for your business now and into the future and ensure that due diligence standards are met.
- Commercial disputes and commercial litigation: We offer dispute resolution services and business litigation covering a wide range of problems including breach of contract, building and property disputes, debt recovery, copyright infringement, partnership disputes and corporations law.
- Corporations law: We can assist with shareholders agreements, advice on corporate governance, documenting company administrations.
- Franchises: If you’re looking to buy into a franchise we can help you go through the franchise agreement and disclosure documents to make sure that you are aware of all of the issues that could make or break your new business.
- Copyright, trademarks and patents: We can help you manage and enforce your intellectual property rights, including litigation where needed. We can also help you with registering designs, patents and trademarks.
- Property and leasing: We can assist with retail leasing and commercial leasing for both landlords and tenants. We can also assist with the sale or purchase of commercial property.
- Commercial law and small business legal advice: We offer small business legal help in a wide range of matters including trade practices law and consumer law.
- Workplace and employment: We can draw up or review employment contracts and workplace agreements as well as assist with disputes and unfair dismissals. We can also assist with occupational health and safety issues.
- Bankruptcy and insolvency: We can assist with the whole process of recovering money owed to you from an initial Letter of Demand through to Court actions.
- Taxation and finance: we can draft and review mortgages, guarantees, charges and other securities documentation as well as advise in regard to specific taxes.
- Business succession and asset protection: You need a plan in place to make sure that your business and personal assets are protected. We can work with your business and family to devise a plan that keeps your hard won assets safe through unit, discretionary and family trusts, Wills and/or Powers of Attorney.
Our business legal services can help get business start-ups and microbusinesses off to a good start and help nurture and sustain more established businesses and corporate enterprises.
For more information or to obtain a quotation, please do not hesitate to contact us.